SAGARMATHA NATIONAL PARK
(Sagarmatha National Park Map) The highest point on the Earth’ Surface, Mount Sagarmatha (Everest 8,848 m) and Sagarmatha National Park Map(SNP) covers an area of 124,400 hectares in Solu-Khumbu district of Nepal. An exceptional area with dramatic mountains, glaciers, deep valleys and peaks other than Mount Sagarmatha over 7,000 m. (Sagarmatha National Park Map) Sagarmatha National Park is home to several rare species such as the snow leopard and the red panda. It was first introduced in 1976 A.D which is well known destination for mountain tourism, Sagarmatha National Park (Sagarmatha National Park Map). Sherpa people living within the park has combined nature and culture since its inception.
Snow-capped peaks of the Great Himalayan Range, the chain of mountains including the world highest Mt. Sagarmatha (Everest) and extensive Sherpa settlements welcome the tourist for mountaineering in Sagarmatha National Park region. Continuing the local traditional practice of cultural and religion including the restriction of animal hunting and slaughtering, and reverence of all living beings. These practices combined with indigenous natural resource management practices, have been major contributing factors to the successful conservation of the SNP. The area is home to several rare species such as the snow leopard and the red panda. This park contains the world highest ecologically characteristic flora and fauna, intricately blended with the rich Sherpa culture.
(Sagarmatha National Park Map)
Highlights of Safari
- Elephant Safari/Herd.
- Jungle Tour.
- Study and Culture Tour.
- Jungle/Nature Walk.
- Bird watching and so on.
- Forest visit.
- Study flora and fauna.
- Watching animals and birds.
What are included ?
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports.
- Jungle resort in Sagarmatha National Park.
- All meals in Sagarmatha National Park.
- Transportation in a comfortable private vehicle(s).
- English speaking, trained and experienced local guide.
- T-shirt and city map.
- National park entrance fees.
- All jungle activities in Sagarmatha National Park as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All government and local taxes.
What are not included ?
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Domestic and/or international flights.
- Transportation fees for arrival and final departure.
- Extra night accommodation if required.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel insurance.