Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
You may arrive airport at any time. One of our airport representative will greet you and transferred to a hotel for check in. You will then be explained about the program further. You can stay at the hotel as there are no planned activities for the day.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Kakani (2066m) 1.5 hours’ drive and walk around
After breakfast, we drive to Kakani – the beginning point of our trek. We walk through the forest. You can see an amazing views of Jugal Himal, Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, and Annapurna in front of us. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 3: Kakani to Shivapuri (2729m), Duration: 4-5 hours.
After breakfast, we commence our trek to Shivapuri (2729m). It is the highest point of our trek. From the top of the Shivapuri, one can witness the awe inspiring panorama view of the mountains like Mt. Gaurishankar, Mt. Shishapangma, Mt. Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Range, Ganesh Himal, Mt. Manaslu, and many more. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 4: Shivapuri to Chisapani (2194m), Duration: 5 hrs.
Early morning we wake up to witness the sunrise over the snowcapped mountains. After breakfast, we head towards Chisapani (2194m). It takes about four hours to reach Chisapani. From Chisapani, the mountain views are awesome. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 5: Chisapani to Nagarkot (2195m), Duration: 5 hrs.
We begin our trek to Nagarkot (2175m), a very popular place for its fantastic mountain views. It is so close from capital Kathmandu – just an hours’ drive from the city. It is far from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
The view of sunrise and sunset is amazing from this place. Nagarkot is a place to relax your mind and body with fresh air and peaceful atmosphere. You can escape the hectic hours of life to experience the beauty of nature, the beauty of Nepal. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 6: Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1440m), Duration: 6 hrs.
To capture the moment of sunrise view, we wake up early in the morning. We then have our breakfast and get ready for a drive to Dulikhel. It takes about an hours’ drive to reach Dhulikhel which lies to the east of Kathmandu. On the way, an impressive vista of the snowy central Himalayas is visible in the backdrop of the gentle hills. From Dhulikhel, we can notice the splendid views of towering mountains. You can also get some insights about local people, their lifestyle and old Newari culture. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 7: Dhulikhel to Panauti (1400m) and then to Kathmandu
Today, we walk to Panauti leaving Dhulikhel behind. Panauti is a Newari village wedged between the Punyamata and Roshi streams. The Punyamata and Roshi streams forms the shape of a triangle with a serpant idol standing at each of its three corners to protect the village from floods. Another glory of this place is the three-tiered Indreshwor Mahadev. It is believed that the structure was raised there in 1294 AD, making it the oldest surviving Nepal. The holy area at the sacred junction is called the Khware. During the exploration of Panauti village, you come across the lovely temples and interesting old houses. The 14th century wooden temple struts will amaze you. After visiting the Panauti village to its fullest, we drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 8: Farewell
A representative from Visit View Nepal Treks will take you to the airport approx. 3 hours before the scheduled flight. If you have more time you can do some shopping or sightseeing.
- All ground transportations by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu, we provide deluxe room from Kathmandu Eco Hotel
- Highly experience, helpful and friend guide, porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their lodging, footing, salary etc.
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Kakani village
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Shivapuri
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Chisapani
- A night accommodation with full board meals at hotel view point Nagarkot, we provide a deluxe room
- A night accommodation with full board meals at Dhulikhel Lodge Resort, we provide a deluxe room
- All necessary permits and entry fees during the trek
- All government taxes and office service charges
What's not included
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- International airfare.
- Tips for tour guide, trekking guide, porter and driver
A Kakani Nagarkot Hiking includes all the interesting places near Kathmandu to enjoy the glory of Himalayan panorama! Visit all the popular vantage points near Kathmandu i.e. Kakani, Chisapani, Nagarkot, and Dhulikhel. You can experience the sheer glory of nature. You will walk through Shivapuri National Park. You will walk along a lush and pristine forests admiring the greenery and peaceful in nature. During your hiking journey, you may encounter some wild animals preserved inside the park. At the entry point of Nationla Park, you can visit watershed which is a mind blowing site to visit. The monastery in between the route of Shivapuri and Chisapani will add a cultural flavour to the natural exploration.
Kakani Nagarkot Hiking can be a best journey for natural exploration, photography, and birds watching. On the way, you can interact with locals in the villages. As we walk in the backdrop of fascinating mountains, we will never get enough of natural glory. The highest point of our trekking journey is the top of the Shivapuri hill. From the top, we can get view of more than sixty mountains. Kakani, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, all being a beautiful hill stations near capital, Kakani Nagarkot Hiking is all about mountain views, forests, waterfalls, valleys, green hills, and lush nature. Join Visit View Nepal Treks to exploit all the wonders of these popular hill stations all at once.