Kathmandu and Lumbini Tours
Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
Our representatives will meet you at the airport, upon your arrival in Nepal. He then transfer you to check in to your booked hotel. You will be given further information about the plans and programs, at the hotel. You can relax for the rest of the time. Overnight stay at a 5-star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Full Kathmandu City Sightseeing Tour
We will visit UNESCO-listed world heritage sites. The attractions we cover today are:
Pashupatinath temple: It is a sacred temple of Hindu devotees. The temple honors the Hindu deity Lord Shiva. The temple is a mass concentration of temples. The temple is filled with Sadhus, the most prominent follower of Lord Shiva. It is a site for cremating departed ones and it is done by performing various Hindu customs and rituals.
Boudhanath Stupa: Boudhanath stupa is the largest dome shape stupa in the world. The design of the stupa is in Mandala shape, and it is very impressive and unique. The place is constantly vibrating, with Buddhist pilgrims and visitors looking to unwind. Also in its, closeness, there are several gompas open for exploration.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: Kathmandu Durbar Square is enormous and is surrounded by impressive temples. Here, visitors can visit temples and museums for detailed inception of the heritage sites. Also, the palace area enhance several stupas, shrines, and monuments, which depict centuries-old histories. Additionally, the palace proximity houses the living goddess Kumari. The palace is the most architecturally complex showcases of Nepali art and unique Newa architecture.
Swayambhunath Stupa: The last destination on today’s tour is Swayambhunath stupa. It is an ancient religious stupa, set on a hilltop. The view of Kathmandu valley from the hilltop is very marvelous. The stupa is the common ground of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims. Both heritage sites are filled with temples and stupa honoring both religions.
Overnight stay at a 5-star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Fly to Bhairahawa (30-45 min), transfer to Lumbini Hotel and Sightseeing Tour
A scenic flight of an about 30-45 minutes takes us to Bhairahawa, to visit the birthplace of Lord Gautam Buddha. Upon reaching Bhairahawa, we check into the hotel and take rest for a while. After few minutes rest we commence our tour to Maya Devi temple, a place where Buddha was born. Similarly, we will also see other monuments and temples sites honoring Buddha. We will also visit the world peace pagoda and Ashoka pillar. Continuing the tour, we will explore nearby monasteries, monuments, and museums, including the Lumbini International Research Institute, within the holy site.
Overnight stay at a 5-star hotel in Lumbini.
Day 4: Transfer to the airport and fly back to Kathmandu
We will fly back to Kathamndu. In your leisure time, you can explore the streets of Thamel where you can do a last minute shopping. Evening “Farewell” dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant. Overnight stay at the 5-star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 5: Farewell
One of Visit View Nepal Treks agents will take you to the airport three hours before your scheduled flight. We hope for a safe journey back home.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle, including airport transfers.
- All guided sightseeing tours & activities, including entry fees
- All government taxes and office service charges.
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 5- star hotel in Kathmandu.
- Round trip airfare from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa and Bhairahawa to Kathmandu, including tour guide.
- A night accommodation with breakfast at a 4-star hotel in Lumbini.
- Farewell dinner at a typical Nepalese restaurant in Kathmandu.
What's not included
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary.'
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Tips for tour guide and Driver
Kathmandu and Lumbini Tours consolidates visiting iconic landmarks of Kathmandu and the sacred sites of Lumbini. This tour let travelers appreciate the outstanding arts decorated Nepal’s major cultural sites. The journey eventually brings visitors to enjoy the peaceful ambiance of Lumbini. Overall, this tour permits visitors to immerse themselves in the finest landmarks of Nepal.
The Kathmandu and Lumbini Tours begin in Kathamandu with an insightful tour of cultural heritage sites. At first, you will visit the majestic Pashupatinath temple, a sacred place for Hindu devotees. Next, you will visit the Boudhanath stupa and Swayambhunath stupa. Bouddhanath gathers many pilgrims, holy for Buddhists, and Swayambhu, on the other hand, is divine for both Hindus and Buddhists. After touring religious shrines, you will visit a museum-like Kathmandu Durbar Square. Decorated with small temples and huge palaces, the palace area is home to the living goddess Kumari.
The tour continues to Lumbini, after the wonderful tour of world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Lumbini is the birthplace of Lord Gautam Buddha and it is a pilgrimage site for Hindus, Buddhists, and Jain alike. Lumbini flaunts beautiful monasteries and gumbas built by different Buddhist nations in the world. This holistic place is tranquil and peaceful, even though it constantly bustles with pilgrims. Admire the Ashoka pillar, the Maya Devi temple, the garden, and several beautiful monasteries.
Overall, this short journey encompasses evoking and admiring marvelous historical creations of Nepal built thousands of years ago.
Highlights of Kathmandu and Lumbini Tours
- Scenic flight to Bhairahawa where you can spot the difference in physical terrain as well as weather of Kathmandu and Chitwan.
- Visit the architectural wonders of Kathmandu and explore the fine artistic details that decorate the historical landmarks.
- Take a tour of the Maya Devi temple, several monasteries and temples, and beautiful gardens.
- Explore the birthplace of Lord Buddha, where he spent 29 years of his life living an ascetic life.
The best time for Kathmandu and Lumbini tours is all year round. To appreciate the beauty amass in the historical sites of Nepal, everybody can visit any time of the year. Due to hot climatic conditions, summer/monsoon season weather may be harsh to visit. But it is nothing unbearable. Other than that, visiting Kathmandu and Lumbini Tour is possible during all seasons.